RCI Membership...Whose names to List??

lundi 30 novembre 2015

I have been a member of RCI for over 20 years. I now have grown children who would like to use our membership every now and then either with or without us.

The latest instance is an upcoming trip to Hawaii where our Daughter will be meeting us there and will be arriving at the Resort a day before we are able to get there. I called the resort to see if she could check in before we arrive. They are saying that even if we will be checking in the next day, she will need a guest certificate to check in. We plan to be traveling a good bit in the next few years as we are getting ready to retire and travel is in our foreseeable future. I am hoping to finally use a lot of the banked and deposited weeks I have with RCI.

It was my understanding that there can be two names on a RCI membership and check-in can be done by either listed member and the spouse. I called RCI twice and got different answers both times. The first call resulted in the rep checking with his supervisor and telling me that only the listed members on the membership could check in. The second said that listed members and their spouses could check in. The second said I could add my daughter by faxing a request to RCI stating the change of name in writing and faxing a document that listed her as an owner of one of the timeshare weeks that we own. Luckily, as soon as she was 18 I did buy a rtu timeshare in Mexico that will expire in a couple of years and I do have her listed as an owner. I plan to send the paperwork in on Monday to take my name off and add her name on to the RCI membership. I have never deposited this week with RCI even though it is an RCI resort, hopefully they will not be a problem.

Has anyone ever done this before? And if so- what might I be missing in my plan? I can't seem to find the original terms of membership listed anywhere-if anyone has a link it would be appreciated. I


RCI Membership...Whose names to List??

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor