When do you give up?

dimanche 22 novembre 2015

Advice needed- I have had a search in with II for the past 6 months looking for Hilton Head this summer- late July through late August. Last year we secured Monarch (transaction date June 2013) and we really liked it. This year we were hoping for another beach property (excluded Monarch from request and added Myrtle Beach) but no trades have come through yet. I saw a few other members on here received confirmation back in Sept./Oct.

So when should we lose hope completely and find another vacation destination? We're driving with 3 small children so flying is out of the question. Is there anyway we can push II/Marriott on request and inventory?

So I need to rant a bit- Every year I wonder if the investment was worth the headache... we own 2bd Aruba surfclub- garden, gold ~23k if my memory serves me correctly. The maintenance fees are getting out of control- $1700 this year... I really lost respect when Marriott allowed resales weeks into Destination and thus I never enrolled my points figuring it was worth owning my week. I thought you needed to relinquish your week upon points enrollment-there was a lot of confusion around the launch and reps were horrible with details and straight answers and the skim really burned me. Plus Aruba seemed to really get short changed on points chart and I couldn't travel anywhere decent anyway. When we bought we thought it was on par with Hawaii and didn't think Hilton Head trades would be an issue. Now enrollment in DC is close to 3k and we're getting close to a summer without a vacation. :mad::mad::wall:


When do you give up?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor