Why are people giving timeshares away or selling for $1?

vendredi 15 janvier 2016

Hi folks,
I'm new to TUG, I've been reading this BBS for hours on end the last few days. I'm just trying to understand why people are giving away or selling TS for $1.

I am thankful for the tips I've read so far on TUG. I called a few timeshare re-sellers to understand the value of our TS. When they told me what they would get for it, I was shocked; it was more then I paid originally. But I stopped myself from using them. They wanted an upfront payment of $1756.00 USD charge for selling my timeshare.... even tho it included all the paperwork, transfer and closing ;).

But in reading a few posts of people trying to give away their TS for $1, I must be missing something (not that far fetched tho).

I have RCI weeks. 1 fixed week and 2 bonus weeks with a TP (Trading power I assume?) of 42. For 3 weeks every year my whole family goes anywhere in the world RCI has a place all for $252 all in minus airfare and any all-inclusives. Paying MF of $300ish a year doesn't seem like alot for the benefit. Sorry that sounds like a sales pitch, it certainly is not :). I just see a lot of value in my own TS. Maybe I don't understand the relationship between my TS and RCI? I'm not sure.

If a TS is 50% marketing and sales costs as I read in TS 101 (great article btw) than shouldn't a TS be worth 50% of the initial cost? And if vacations are increasing in prices, shouldn't a TS week do the same? Sure supply and demand says there are more sellers than buyers, but does that mean people should take 100% loss on their TS? I'm sad to see that's how it seems to be.

I just don't understand why TS have no value and I'm trying to learn/understand why.

Anyways, thanks for the great tips and reading on this BBS!


Why are people giving timeshares away or selling for $1?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor