Marriott Encore package

dimanche 20 décembre 2015

I got a chance to extend an exchange I made into Ocean Pointe this week by adding a cheap 3 night sales visit to Oceana Palms earlier last week. I have had 4 MVCI weeks for many years (bought Heritage Club pre-construction). I do a lot of exchanging and have been very pleased with my II experience with no interest in converting my weeks to DC or buying more points and adding to my annual costs (maintenance on Heritage is now $1600).

That negative position on DC and trust points continued during the sales pitch. After the salesman left someone else came in and offered an Encore package for $1200. It included 4 nights at a Marriott timeshare or hotel in low season along with the sales pitch. The low season was not as restrictive as I expected with HHI in August included as low season, for example. Also had 50,000 MRP. I decided to do it when they included enrolling my 4 legacy weeks into DC which should save me some future fees savings even if I don't convert the weeks to DC points.

My II trades have been very favorable for many years. I am currently in an oceanfront at Ocean Pointe (5700 DC points to obtain) exchanged for a Cypress Harbour sport week (1975 DC points if deposited in DC). From my first DC pitch I bring along my II exchange history and ask the salesman to explain why I should join a system that would require about 2000 extra points per exchange week. This year I got two August weeks at Grande Ocean for weeks that qualify for only 4300 points. I already have two August 2016 weeks at Grande Ocean for under 5000.

The response from the salesmen has always been the same. I have been lucky and my luck is running out. And not only is the value of my legacy weeks going down, but if I don't buy lots of trust points even my over 12,000 DC points won't get me into the best MVCI properties because trust points are even required for many of the legacy locations.

I am concerned about the II connection in the future. Is MVCI inventory in II dropping faster than owners convert to using DC points or internal exchanges? Is my individual experience the only way to really figure out what is happening because everything at MVCI and II is so opaque? I hope someone in the TUG community has an idea about this subject for those of us who prefer using whole weeks and are sticking, for now, with the traditional II exchange system.

Alex


Marriott Encore package

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor