Sedona Pines Resort Amenities

lundi 14 décembre 2015

We booked the 2 bedroom Cottage at the Sedona Pines resort and on RCI in their amenity list it shows having a Convection Oven and then a separate amenity for a Conventional Oven. When I called the resort they said that they only have a Microwave Convection Oven in the unit size we booked. However at time of booing we were under the impression that Conventional Oven meant a separate wall or Stove/Oven underneath setup like at Marriott.

When I called RCI they said ARDA defines what a Full Kitchen is. Now if they listed this as a partial kitchen I can totally agree with RCI and ARDA. However we cannot advertise a rental as having a Full Kitchen when there is just a small stove and Microwave. Even a 4 burner stove can be part of a partial kitchen.

RCI told me that they won't budge by moving us or give us a discount. I booked this in good faith after seeing Full Kitchen and the Conventional Oven and Convection Microwave. The resort told me that you can set the temperature on the microwave like an oven(which I find it hard to believe as I have seen GE Microwaves with just the normal presets). The resort said they have 20 electric broilers which still is not an oven.

Here is the interesting part the person at the Sedona Pines told me that people have cooked a turkey dinner in the Convection Microwave(again hard to believe) as the photos online show you a regular sized microwave for TV dinners etc.

I am a pro at booking resorts and in all of my trades this is the first time there was such a discrepancy. When I saw "Full Kitchen" I picture a true separate oven albeit it a single oven.

ARDA is way off if they think a microwave can be an oven. Now we are prepared for the small size of the unit and the pool is closed and we are able to use the sister resort. But when it comes to cooking my cook book says to pre-heat oven for 325 and then cook for 40 minutes. Can you do this on a Convection Microwave?

Ahem cooking steak in a Convection Microwave is that even possible and tasty?

Thanks so much for your opinion and I am sorry about the rant but just wanted some feedback here. Am I right to think along these lines of a Full Kitchen? Is RCI really quoting the ARDA or is hiding something or not wanting to deal with a customer? I happen to work in the Travel Industry and know for a fact that a Microwave is not remotely near a single or double oven.

Edited to say"I read a manual for the GE Convection Microwave and it says you can change the temperature but am interested to know how it works as its the first time I have seen this used as the primary oven at a resort"
Thanks.


Sedona Pines Resort Amenities

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor