Shipping packages this season? My UPS tale of woe!

mardi 15 décembre 2015

A long week ago ... 10+ days ... I noticed a BOX (the size of LARGE toaster oven) with a weight label of 44lbs on my FRONT stoop. A UPS delivered package .. not to me but a neighbor down my street I do NOT personal know. But as I have 5 acres and he has over an acre also ... plus 100' plus setbacks off the road ... I ain't carrying his 44lb box over to his place ... UPS can't read my 6" tall reflective house numbers hammered on my door ... sham on them.

LAST SAT ... So I try to look up his house phone number on the internet ... call and leave a msg to come & get your package ... sitting on my front steps. I do have his name and address ... no big deal, right?

First Monday night -- last week. Package still there ... call UPS ... what a joke as they won't do anything til I get on my hands and knees on the front step and copy down their 18 digit tracking number and the intended target. Call again ... the agent notices via house numbers I am "just down the street" .. just take it over to HIM. I tell the "funny guy" it weights 44lb according to YOUR label and I am a senior citizen ... tell your MOTHER to move it a 1/4 of a mile. It aint't my job ... I am not on the UPS payroll ... you come and get it. He hangs up on me.

Tuesday .. call again and that agent said they will send out a pickup for tomorrow. On Wednesday. Leave porch light on --- so all the better to see the 44lb package ... to take it away.

Thursday ... AM ... package still there. Now, I get unhappy in a NJ way .... I call up UPS again ... again give them their 18 digit tracking number and tell them to COME and GET their package or it goes into the trash.

Monday (today) ... 1PM ... call UPS AGAIN. Get up to a 2nd level supervisor .... tell her, tomorrow is my TRASH DAY ... at 6AM this 44lb piece of crap will get loaded onto my hang truck and be placed down at the curb as TRASH ... the cardboard box has been out in the rain and weather, the label is ALMOST not read-able, I have called you all 4 times in the past 10 days. What is UPS's problem???? Next time ... I will forget all the "middle steps" and just drag it down to the curb within 10 minutes of noticing new trash on my front step.

The 1-800 US based lady has the local dispatcher call me back inside of 8 minutes ... promising me a driver is on his way to get this package ... Told her, heard that before ... and start with tomorrow at 6AM ... yes, she had been told by the 1-800 supervisor, I would be putting it in the trash at 6AM Tuesday. She was dispatching a truck to pick it up ... immediately.

Any bets?

1 hour
Before dark
After I go to bed (should I leave the light on?)
(my choice) ==> Hand truck used at 6AM Tues to deliver trash to the curb.


Shipping packages this season? My UPS tale of woe!

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor